ArtsGo! presented by the Hendricks County Arts Council
ArtsGo! 2012 is celebrating its 7th annual event which will take place onSaturday, April 21st from 9am to 6pm at various locations throughout Hendricks County, Indiana.
Brownsburg, Pittsboro, Avon, Danville and Plainfield will welcome visitors to this one-day event open to the public and best of all, it is FREE!
This event provides the opportunity for our community, family, friends and visitors from around the state to view, purchase, listen and learn about the many wonderful artisans and their works that Hendricks County has to offer.
Guests will find fine works of art to suit any eye from the classic still life to the modern with a touch of whimsy thrown in! Artist mediums will include watercolor, acrylics, oils, metals, jewelry, fiber, glass and wood-working. Potters will offer demonstrations on wheel throwing; you can explore the magic world of hot blown glass, learn about weaving yarn and turning it into framed art! Musicians will entertain and bits of theatrical performances will be sprinkled about the county as well!
ArtsGo! will also feature hands-on experiences for children of all ages at Blanton House, make and take projects and the opportunity to participate in a collage piece that will be displayed at Gallery On The Square and then auctioned at the annual Midsummer Night’s Gala benefiting the Hendricks County Arts Council. ArtsGo! is full of creativity, adventure and education for everyone and a great way to support the arts in Hendricks County! Visitors are sure to find hometown restaurants and plenty of other unique places to shop and browse.
ArtsGo! 2012 will be held on Saturday, April 21st from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
at the following locations:
- Hendricks Regional Health YMCA – Avon, Indiana
- Artistic Designs Gallery – Brownsburg, Indiana
- Frazee Gardens – Brownsburg, Indiana
- One Room School – Pittsboro, Indiana
- Gallery On The Square – Danville, Indiana
- Blanton House – Danville, Indiana
- Hot Blown Glass Studio – Clayton, Indiana
- Chateau Thomas Winery – Plainfield, Indiana
- Stahlecker/Morrison Studio – Plainfield, Indiana
For more information on the event or participation, contact Sloan Shockley at firstname.lastname@example.org or Joan King Kisner at email@example.com
Click HERE for a map and information on this year’s event!
It is the goal of the Hendricks County Arts Council and ArtsGo! to involve all the arts in Hendricks County, performing and creative, and make this not only a major event, but a destination for the weekend with attractions for all throughout the county spotlighting and showcasing the ARTS. Artwork and CD’s will be for sale with 100% of the proceeds going to the artist.
Come explore Hendricks County with us and make sure you stop by the Hendricks County Convention and Visitors Bureau in Danville to pick up a copy of The Rural Routes to Main Street Cultural Trail (RR2MS) driving map. RR2MS is a self-directed driving tour that leads to Hendricks County art studios, galleries, and other creative spaces year-round Thursdays through Saturdays from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. ArtsGo! is hosted by the Hendricks County Arts Council and “Special Thanks” to the Hendricks County Convention and Visitors Bureau which, through the TED Fund, provided a portion of funding for the 2012 ArtsGo!
YMCA in Avon
10-11am Dave Hatfield, Keyboard
1-2pm – Hendricks County Symphonic – Angelica Huffman, Violin
Frazee Garden in Brownsburg
1-2pm Rick Chambers, Guitar
Blanton House in Danville
1-2pm Dave Hatfield, Keyboard
Chateau Thomas Winery in Plainfield
1-2pm Chris Coolidge, Guitar
ArtsGo! sites and artists:
Artistic Designs Gallery
Laura Tesdahl (Owner)
Marci Alvis Slinski
Gallery On The Square
Dan & Sue Gillock
Sue St. John
Bonnie Rose Smith
Also offering a “Make and Take” craft area for kids
Bonnie Stahlecker and David Morrison
Private studio: Hot Blown Glass
Lisa Pelo – Owner
Alica Stephens – Painter
Ryan Blake – Clay
One Room School
Hendricks Regional Health YMCA
Hendricks Symphonic Society – performance from 1-2pm at the YMCA/Avon
Hendricks Civic Theatre
Brownsburg Public Library
Open Saturday 9am-5pm
450 South Jefferson Street
Brownsburg, IN 46112-1310
- Joseph Critchlow will be at the Brownsburg Library from 10-2 on April 21st to do Caricatures for $10.00 each. He will also have his finely detailed pen and colored pencil illustrations available for purchase.
- The Scrapbasket Quilt Guild of Brownsburg will be showing their beautiful quilts which will be displayed in the central area of library plus a collection of smaller projects.
- The BPL staff Art challenge this year was Splendiferous Bookmarks. Starting with the same template, all staff were given free reign to be creative using the medium of their choice.
- KidzArt students of Tamara Cox will once again display their artwork.
- Other artists from the Brownsburg community will include: Norman Wilson-watercolors, Katie Hettenvan-photography, James Kincaid-oil paintings, and many more.
Plainfield-Guilford Township Public Library
Open Saturday 10am-3pm
120 Stafford Rd., Plainfield, IN 46168
- Craft for Kids from 10 am-3 pm in the Children’s Room. Stop by the Children’s Room to create a beautiful spring craft during the Hendricks County ArtsGo! event.
- “A Journey in Watercolors” – a display of artwork by Jack Ashcraft and Dick Day in the Art Gallery on the 2nd Level of the library.
Avon Public Library- Artscape Fundraiser 7-9:30 PM
498 N St Rd 267, Avon
Local artists will be featured and will offer a presentation on their work. An evening of food, art and friends.
Tickets are $15 each/$25 per couple and $20 per person at the door.
All proceeds go to the Avon-Washington Township Public Library and/or the A-WTP Endowment fund.
We are encouraging all the artists from HCAC and ArtsGo!, as well as the public, to attend this event as a networking and wrap up for ArtsGo! as well as in support of fellow artists and the library.
If you would like to make a donation to help support this event visit our page at Indiegogo!